Friday, April 3, 2009

Still here...

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've last posted! I'm still here -- I promise. I've just been preoccupied with other things.

The spring cleaning bug hit me hard this year, so I began cleaning out every closet in the apartment in early March. And, then we decided to rearrange our furniture -- including my sewing space. I'll have to post updates of all of my organizational changes as it relates to my sewing, because there were some dramatic changes in that respect. I'm still in the midst of cleaning out and organizing some sewing stuff, but I promise as soon as I'm done, I will post pictures of the new "studio."

Last week, it was spring break around here. I took the week off from work, and Nico had the week free from school. I had thought I would be super productive on the sewing front, but that was not the case. We just had a great time relaxing and doing "nothing" together for the first time since we were in college. It was exactly what we both needed!

I have been working on some sewing... I cut out three easy knit dresses about a month and a half ago. Unfortunately, most of the way into project #1 (a Hot Patterns cosmopolitan dress), I realized it didn't fit me right at all, so I became completely disheartened and threw the half-finished dress into the corner. I couldn't bear to throw it out, so I hope I can resurrect it somehow.

Finally, there has been progress on the party dress for the spring banquet I will be attending with Nico on April 18. The dress is approximately 65% done at this point. Unsurprisingly, I strayed once again from the previous post's plan for the dress. I'll have to snap a pic of the progress, as it stands on my dress form.

I was focused on accessories for the dress this week, and I bought a gorgeous necklace and pair of shoes from J.Crew:



Unfortunately, there won't be a whole lot of time for sewing this weekend: we are visiting friends today and Saturday, and I have lots of housekeeping duties (like, the huge amounts of laundry that are taking over our bedroom!) to take care of on Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze something in on the dress in between cleaning toilets and doing laundry. (You know, sometimes being an adult completely sucks...)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

That necklace is gorgeous! Definitely worthy of the dress.

Summerset said...

Oh, that is a fabulous necklace! Great choice.

Rachel said...

I love your blog. My mom is going to sew my dress and she sent me the same pattern you used on yours. I'm new to sewing but I'm learning. Your blog is such a great resource. I love the cute accessories you find too!
p.s. your dog is super cute